Monday, September 24, 2007

Sunday isn't the end of the week

just the end of the weekend. Timothy arrived Saturday, and we helped Jean put her plants in the ground, taking out the scruffy shrub in the backyard. Sunday we split up, Timothy went hiking and Jean and I went back to the State Fair for the final day, then met up again in the afternoon.

The moon, soon to be full, rising high over the Manzano Mountains, as seen from I-25 headed south on the Isleta reservation. Next up is a sphinx moth in the guara. They look a lot like hummingbirds but only come out at dusk. I used to see a lot of them in the jasmine by my grandmother's kitchen door in Grand Chenier.

And here's Timothy, doing his cat-wrangling wonders on Sammy, who loves attention almost as much as he loves catnip.


1 comment:

Anna said...

I really like all of the pictures in this post. The moth is exceptionally vivid. I just got back from a stroll through the woods and my shoulders got eaten up by mosquitoes, I also got bit on the cheek. Maybe you should go hiking too next time and take pictures of and from the Sandias.
Love you