Monday, October 8, 2007

seen around ABQ on Friday

This is the Truly Nolen mousemobile. The first time I saw one of these zooming down the road I couldn't believe my eyes. You can't tell from this picture, but they not only have mouse ears, they have a tail, too. Hilarious.

I went up to the La Luz trail to drop Raj off for his hike, and pulled off to take a few pictures. This one is eerily prescient of what happened later.
I heard a car door slam, so I headed back to the car to see who was there. Lo and behold, there was a park official, writing me up for "blocking the road". I thought it was a pull-off, there were absolutely no "No Parking" signs anywhere and the first thing I saw on the ground when I got out of the car were two used condoms on the side of the road -- not exactly indicative of a public thoroughfare.
Not what I wanted to experience on my day off.

No comments: